DBF 2.45% $1.47 duxton farms ltd

Yeah Gooch it was looking great early on wasn't itI had high...

1. 878 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55

Yeah Gooch it was looking great early on wasn't it

I had high hopes for a good season with even better prices, just like every other
    shareholder I would think...but it wasnt to be

Canola at least saved our bacon, I was hopeing that we would have planted more at the time
    as everything was lining up for it at planting time but at least we got 1100 plus hectares at
    what looks like 2 and a quarter TPH off....should be over $2mill there

I am happy to keep higher livestock numbers as I think this year is going to be a big gamble with
    the high input costs and Wyangala dam near capacity, you dont want to put really high dollars into
    the ground and have another flood event or worse happen, its going to be a tough call unless we
    had already contracted our inputs at lower levels...fingers crossed

This from the latest harvest update

"In its 2021 Annual Report to Shareholders, Duxton Farms reported a net profit after tax of
    $1,406,000. The Company is expecting its corresponding earnings for FY22 to be materially lower
    than FY21, which is primarily attributable to the impact of unfavourable weather conditions. At this
    stage, the Company’s revenue and earnings are expected to be reduced by between 60% and 70%
    from the previous corresponding period."

I am not sure I understand this, my concern is, is it revenue or earnings that are down 60 to 70 %

If revenue is down that much....then we wont have any earnings will we...it will be another loss
    which will make 4 out of the last 5 years operating losses

And now with that 1.8mill sell order overhang on the market the NTA discount will probably get bigger
    as there is nothing in the monthly update to excite the market

Still happy to hold and accumulate some more at probably lower prices now, dont have an option really
    it would be pretty hard to get out at a reasonable price if you wanted anyway, but I still think AG is the
    place to be if things pan out like I think they will or may over the next decade or so

cheers grant

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DBF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.47
Change
0.035(2.45%)
Mkt cap ! $61.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.47 $1.47 $1.47 $246 168

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5455 $1.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.50 4056 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.32am 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.47
  Change
0.035 ( 2.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.47 $1.47 $1.47 407
Last updated 10.32am 06/05/2024 ?
DBF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.