WGX 2.02% $2.53 westgold resources limited.

Ann: 2023 Diggers and Dealers Presentation, page-21

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 678 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    Sorry, but your comment about Red 5 being better value than GCY speaks volumes about your ability to value a company effectively.

You say red 5 is “only” 3 times more expensive as if that’s not significant lol. Compare WGX to RED as the market caps are relatively similar

RED EV - ~732 million
    WGX EV - ~500 million

RED still has debt risk, although cash flow in the next 6 months should see this paid off. WGX is in a much stronger position with 190+ million bucks in the kitty. WGX production guidance is also more than 25% higher than RED, with a similar cost profile ( although I’d expect WGX to outperform further due to conservative guidance).

My point is that I highly doubt Wayne would even take one look at merging with RED right now (especially at a premium) when his shares are inherently better value.

Now a bit of a comparison between RED and GCY. GCY will have the capacity to produce between 120k-140k at a similar cost profile to REDs midpoint guidance ($1900 AISC).
    RED is currently trading at an EV over 3.5 times higher than GCY, even if you lower that to 3 (to account for restart costs) I still think GCY as an investment makes more sense as it has the potential the be worth 60+% of whatever RED is trading at (based on production and cost estimates)

Not financial advice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.