ALU 0.31% $67.54 altium limited

Broker targets mean little to me. However, broker sentiment does...

1. 355 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    Broker targets mean little to me. However, broker sentiment does carry an element of interest. For what seems like many moons, broker sentiment on ALU was so vast that I've commented on how Altium polarises the market. Recently, there's been a distinct swing in sentiment amongst the professional cohort in favour of Altium.
    This, I take as a positive for a business that disrupted itself in a meticulously planned upheaval in order to transition itself from a good business, to a great business. Many analysts bagged Altium when they reduced costs to their customer base to access their platform(s) during the heights of covid in 2020.
    Aram is ahead of the game. The business has set the foundations for a sustained meteoric rise. Don't expect PME like returns. Instead, it would be prudent to expect solid returns over a long period.
    Take a step back back and consider Autodesk's acquisition proposal at $38.50 per share. Some say that Autodesk came back with an offer of $40 per share. Aram and the board didn't even allow shareholders to vote on the proposal. For this, many 'professionals' condemned Altium and said 'hey, let the shareholders decide!" Some posters on HC even begged for Autodesk to "please come back" after the share price slumped and provided long term investors with an incredible opportunity to increase their stake. Aram and the board were looking after shareholders. With Aram himself holding around (approx) 7% of the company, it would've been easy to say "show me the money". But Aram and the board resisted this low ball, opportunistic offer by Autodesk during the covid period. Autodesk were smart to make the offer at that point in time during maximum uncertainty. Aram and the board were even smarter to say "hey, we're open to offers that don't undervalue our business".
    Should Altium receive another proposal to acquire the business tomorrow, what would the offer look like? Ask yourself...if Altium grows by 15% pa over the next 5 years, the share price will be pretty close to $100.00.
    Is 15% pa growth over 5 years too exuberant? Or is it in the ball park?
    Sure, there's risk. There's risk in every single investment. Buyer be ware.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$67.54
Change
-0.210(0.31%)
Mkt cap ! $8.910B
Open High Low Value Volume
$67.50 $67.66 $67.50 $48.21M 713.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 $67.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$67.58 353 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$67.59
  Change
-0.210 ( 0.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
$67.60 $67.66 $67.54 372554
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
ALU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.