ALU 0.12% $66.77 altium limited

Thanks for your reply.The deeper questions that you posed are...

1. 343 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    Thanks for your reply.

The deeper questions that you posed are the questions I asked myself before I invested a single cent into Altium.

I was merely posing the question that if a stock rallies by more than 20% on a given day based on solid reporting numbers coupled with a strong outlook, but then eventually gives those returns back due to...market sentiment, then isn't the business even more worthy of a buy now than what it was pre reporting? Hasn't there been an element of de-risking, even if only marginally?

I take into account the share price, just like I take into account P/E ratio's (On P/E ratios, putting too much credence on this metric has cost me a lot when it comes to opportunity cost), but I'm not anchored to my buy-in price, which is why I increased my share count at $39.50 with a long term view of the total shareholder return potential.

I'm just curious in the psychology of investing. If we're all patting ourselves on the back because we just made 20-25% on one day, then if nothing has changed fundamentally when those gains are whittled away - for no real apparent reason (see: market sentiment), we tend to not see the future value.

At $39.50 - before hitting the buy button, I read through the FY23 report (again). It reminded me of why it was that I was invested in Altium to begin with. It's like turning on the demister in your car so you can clearly see the road ahead.

I'd encourage anyone who's stocks might be currently underperforming to go back and read the company reports and announcements before they hit the sell tab. I find the information within these reports far more dependable than broker targets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$66.77
Change
-0.080(0.12%)
Mkt cap ! $8.808B
Open High Low Value Volume
$66.80 $66.87 $66.77 $35.17M 526.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 73940 $66.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$66.83 171 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$66.79
  Change
-0.080 ( 0.10 %)
Open High Low Volume
$66.75 $66.87 $66.75 807571
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
ALU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.