WES 1.92% $68.57 wesfarmers limited

WES was the second stock that I purchased as part of my foray...

1. 910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    WES was the second stock that I purchased as part of my foray into investing. Currently I'm the trustee of my childrens accounts whereby WES is one of three holdings in their accounts.

The attraction for me of being invested in WES is the overall stability. I could've bought Telstra, but I like diversity with growth potential, even though Bunnings steals the revenue show. I've never sold and I'm currently on quite a respectable dividend yield. I always elect full DRP and I love seeing the compounding effect. So far, WES has been a fantastic investment.

WES doesn't promise it's shareholders the world. I think that WES does what it says on the box in providing shareholders satisfactory returns over the long term.

I like to think that WES will still be highly relevant in the ASX in 50+ years and that my adult children will benefit from owning shares in WES.

Currently, they're not cheap. I've refrained from buying right now. They've made some blunders along the way and like the UK Bunnings experiment, they did stem the bleeding and got out.

I was really pleased to hear the analysts take it to Rob Scott regarding Catch. The hard questions need to be asked. Equally though, I thought that the answers provided to the questioning around Catch were a fair and honest responses. I have no doubt that the management know what they're doing and I don't think that they'll be afraid to pull the plug.

Lastly, that was good result and current shareholder's should be pleased.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$68.57
Change
1.290(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $77.77B
Open High Low Value Volume
$67.60 $68.88 $67.51 $107.7M 1.572M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11951 $68.56

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$68.60 100 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.