WMG 10.5% 42.0¢ western mines group ltd

Ann: 2024 Exploration Programs Commence at Mulga Tank, page-16

1. 799 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 360
    My apologies to those here who have seen some of this before as I am reposting in response to @GeoFiji and his latest opinions.

I am interested in what he is basing his assumptions on when referring to the unlikelihood of there being any corporate activity in the" Green Low Carbon Footprint" Nickel space this year as Canada Nickel have been quite busy of late.
    SAMSUNG SDI
    AGNICO EAGLE
    ANGLO AMERICAN
    US$ 18.5M FOR 8.7%
    US$ 34.7M FOR 12%
    US$ 26.2M FOR 9.9%

"It seems unlikely that their will be corporate activity this year given the mine closures and scaling back at BHP nickel business."

When almost all of the mine closures he mentioned were due to being uneconomical when the nickel price was around $20000 AUD/ton .with most of the high costs associated with being "Dirty Laterites" ie. having to use expensive processes (High Pressure Acid Leach) in order to liberate the metal .
    IMO making comparisons between the two very different species of nickel mining is like comparing chillies with bananas .

"If funds get tight they may reduce costs to just the high grade zone exploration. They may try to make existing funds last until next year"

This one has got me scratching my head wondering if @GeoFiji has read the latest company presentation or has heard the news that our drilling contractors took a large parcel of shares not too long ago at almost double the current most likely manipulated share price.

To come out of the blue with such a doom and gloom outlook for our brave little company at this point in time when history is literally in the making without so much as one single technical observation is quite astonishing coming from one who has a reputation for sharing the insights of an educated professional in the science of geology.

With a history of being positive in the early days of the Mulga Tank project when the available data was very limited then becoming a share holder, then not being able to comment due to a conflict of interest, then once again being able to post here and now all is doom and gloom has this share holder/believer in the rock doctors wondering what motivates this latest post from such a respected member of the HC community .and I don't expect a response here as I was ignored the last time .

Sirius Resources was just months from bleeding its cash reserves dry in July 2012 when it made the fateful Nova nickel and copper discovery.

Three years later the company was sold to for $1.8 billion, earning shareholders the equivalent of $225 for every $1 they held at the time of the discovery.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5915/5915001-9e66219f13c3e45a1d636b079cc486d1.jpg

Due to the quality of the Ore the Nova Bollinger deposit remained highly profitable throughout the cycle . With the Nova Bollinger operation getting close to it's use by date that would mean that IGO would most likely be in the market for a follow up project for the future, it would make sense to dismantle and rebuild that operation 100km or so to the north where they can commence mining on a long life resource.
    Some posters here , myself included have been harping on about the highly competent management team we have calling the shots and making the plans that will inevitably be the making or the breaking of our brave little company, and it is in them we trust.
    When Nickel was being favoured by the market the path to success was much clearer than at present . IMO the prosperity of our company will be relative to it's ability to evolve adapt and meet the expectations of the investor of today .
    I recall it being mentioned by Dr .CM that he was going to be on the hunt for the Gold in our tenements while Dr. BG was focusing on the Nickel so I am half expecting some news as to his progress.
    Drilling the third "Government Funded" EIS hole into the bowels of this monster and successfully discovering where these remobilised massive sulphides have been remobilised from (UP to 57% Ni.) will IMO be a gamechanger no matter where we are on the topsy turvy cycle of the Nickel price.

I don't know anything,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.040(10.5%)
Mkt cap ! $31.80M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 44.0¢ 40.0¢ $217.3K 516.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12820 39.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 5029 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 31/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
42.5¢
  Change
0.040 ( 6.25 %)
Open High Low Volume
40.0¢ 45.0¢ 40.0¢ 143788
Last updated 15.48pm 31/05/2024 ?
WMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.