WES 0.36% $71.64 wesfarmers limited

Ann: 2024 Strategy Briefing Day presentation, page-7

1. 385 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 119
    Mate, people are funny creatures. I've never sold WES either. People like to fiddle around and trim and take profits. Imagine if you had tried to rebalance your holdings in WES since float. Imagine the compounding returns you would've missed out on (not including the fully franked dividends). If WES is looking fully valued, I just top up on other holdings. It's simple investing and for the best Aussie companies out there, the strategy works.

Remember the shenanigans during Australia Day when posters got on theses forums and decided to take the moral high ground against WES and shout "how dare they do that with our money!" whilst claiming that they were selling out with the share price in the mid 50's. Or the dude who started a thread in July last year wanting advice/guidance on the best time to buy into WES. Eventually, they said that they're undecided and "will continue their research" into WES. That was 2 dividends ago and 40% later...and here we are. Never heard from them again. Or the poster who was laughing at me from behind a keyboard (LOL'ing) about my process of continually buying the dips in the mid $40 range.

An investment in companies like WES are classic examples of how to invest and keep it simple silly. Sure, everything has it's price. But people tend to over complicate things.

So to you, I say congratulations and well played.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.