ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 22,856 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1259
    There are other supplies of Murray Cod available but none that use the pond/cage system of MCA. The MCA pond product is favoured by asian buyers for superior (not muddy taste associated with catfish & other mud feeding fish) & commands a premium to other suppliers.
    MCA are commanding a premium & still can't currently supply enough fish to satisfy demand which indicates they could potentially charge more if they wanted to.
    The company admits that prices will fall as they increase production but the reduction in margin will be more than offset by economies of scale cost reductions. So all in all the current approx $10 per kg margin to customer should at a minimum be maintained.

Regarding growing the fish they've proved they can spawn more than enough to supply all requirements & are able to grow to greater than previously thought market size (1-1.5kg per fish up from 1kg per fish) & stock higher densities.
    My only concern is that they are pushing the stocking levels too high at too soon a stage risking another die off from low oxygen levels or disease. I'd rather see them get the current ponds up & running then gradually increase stocking levels selectively. MCA haven't been through enough seasons of changeable conditons to be 100% sure it's in the best interest of the fish IMO. Why risk damaging your brand when you are so early in building a customer base.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.