NZS 0.00% 0.2¢ new zealand coastal seafoods limited

Hi BooBoo, I would be deferring to Gassin for technical feedback...

1. 580 Posts.
    Hi BooBoo,

I would be deferring to Gassin for technical feedback and price predictions as that is his forte.

I'm holding because I believe that if they can pull this cloud TV stuff off it will be worth big bucks some day.

Below are some quick thoughts only and may not be correct, feedback/critique welcomed;

Like many others I have only grasped at different aspects to try to come to grips with what xTV offer against competitors and I can understand Demoniaco's consternation with it.

An older video feed by Alissa Guler (Vice President, xTV marketing) at the HTNG conference actually gives a good rundown on some of what they can do, worth going back over and listening to for those that haven't.

I also think conman84 also is on the money, he is quoted below;

"However, they way I see it xtv provides ......cloud based TV networks. There is a subtle difference here compared to a web based platform. A cloud based TV network can convert ANY company into a media outlet. Imaging a TV channel built FOR walmart BY walmart...They can control what goes onto the channel, how many channels there are and where those TVs are displayed.

Sure you could hook-up a whole load of youtube vids and stream them through TVs but that would require teams of people for editing and streaming/timing/tech support etc. XTV is a one stop shop for all of the above."

The benefits of the xTV network being Cloud based and not specific server based can be found in other sources on the internet.

Via their cloud server my understanding is that xTV customers can immediately/independently pull down online material / edit logos from your pages, sites/ alter feeds from various sources and update details instantly which you cannot do on youtube.

Your amended/updated product (varying feeds etc) then goes out immediately to all your company screens, this was again quickly mentioned more recently in the xTV inbox Omniscreen video.

Digital signage / phone remote screen control with patented technology, these are things Youtube is not using, you are also part of the specific youtube ecosystem with everyone else's channels, with the ability to organise your own somewhat but not the same level of responsive/independent control.

Others like myself were hopeful that the video feeds would improve, a point that Demoniaco who seems to have some subject matter expertise picked up on with the video play.

As a layman I noticed that the feeds from Hendricks appeared better than the xTV product after they purchased Hendricks, now in the recent options announcement we get the following as one of the three positive points;

a) "Introduction of a superior video on demand playback experience"

* They are not adverse to grabbing better tech to advance their cause and this may again improve the current video playback experience further.

The cloud market - xTV are in it with Microsoft so we're not going up against IBM alone, but I don't think it is as cut and dry as that and the larger players despite trying to grab market share have a common interest in using / sharing the greater cloud concept / standard.

As noted in a link by Malmanu IBM are getting into the cloud in a big way and they mentioned "Cloud video." We now have 3D cloud TV with xTV so we are in a very unique position if the others don't have the same technology - Where do/will xTV fit into the big cloud picture?

What will Microsoft do? Is xTV's relationship with Microsoft going forward going to preclude it from engaging with other large players?

Is exclusivity an issue? What limitations if any will it place on xTV if they cannot play on the entire "cloud oval" and IBM/AMAZON and all their potential customers/platforms are at the other end of the field, will tough choices need to be made ?

Will this new need for capital perhaps allow xTV to go hand in cap to Microsoft for cash on favourable terms with regards to the amount of potential new business the 3D tv could bring to them via Azure?

A post from Malmanu with a link about "telepresence" can be added with what we already had on "rounders" for medical use on the xTV video inbox. Now that can be potentially expanded with 3D TV capability, a moving base frame with a talking 3D head on top ???

There is also VR lurking in the background and it is growing so we can get a feel for where xTV may want to go further once this 3D stuff is settled a bit more.

I can see why they have grabbed this option with the 3D, considering where xTV are at, you would have to even at double or triple the price, it just fits so well and value adds.

I am just keen to find out how they are going to manage this funding matter, consolidation good, dilution not so good, maybe necessarily, lets hope not and another creative solution can be found.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NZS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.