RXM 2.88% 25.3¢ rex minerals limited

Ann: 3D seismic points to large copper target under Hillside, page-14

1. 15,057 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1281
    They are testing it. But carefully.

The object is two fold to add ore positions & not spend a fortune to do it (i.e. several deep diamond holes).

It's easy to daw pictures on a diagram as they have. However drilling, particularly deep drilling can be likened to shoving a needle (ok a lance) into a haystack. Not least because the drill steel flexes and bends in the ground a sit encounters differentially hard rock types.

What are they going to find it they send a deep drill hole into the geometric centre of that green bubble? Likely that marginally copper enriched but not ore grade (proto) ore in granite. it needs to have been concentrate by metamorphism alteration of the host rocks and narrow pathways for the acid high temperature saline fluid to penetrate on aa few times to from the ore.

If they have given (perhaps deliberately) that that whole green blob is say 5-10% copper that's not right. There are no ore deposits like that with the possible exception of KK (Kakula Kamoa) and even then I'm not sure it that's how it occurred.

It's just my interpretation. Someone with more geological knowledge can correct me or clarify.

All IMVHO.
    Last edited by arsenic: 07/06/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.3¢
Change
-0.008(2.88%)
Mkt cap ! $193.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.0¢ 26.5¢ 25.0¢ $76.36K 295.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 636317 25.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 75000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RXM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.