AW1 4.00% 13.0¢ american west metals limited

I agree with you, except to say those that sell large volume at...

1. 1,793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 467
    I agree with you, except to say those that sell large volume at 28c or whatever price they choose progressively lose their ability to keep doing it at that price range in that they need to re-buy their trading parcels in a situation where demand is relatively strong notwithstanding their behaviour.

They would have been merrily buying up significant volume last week ahead of their dump last thing Friday. Since they offloaded they have needed to buy back yesterday/ this morning to do it again but the same/similar volume of shares was not available at those lower prices so they buy less.

The problem confronting them is that this time instead of the SP being punished from 28c down to 22c like on Friday they only had the vollume-clout to push it back to circa 25c. Now, they need to buy again but this time its from 24/25c onwards (all things being equal) and again they will not enjoy the benefit of the volume and are paying a higher average price. They will however try their best to get the SP back to 22c or thereabouts. As I type this I can see 'sellers' have stacked themselves with what remains of their trading parcels safely a couple of pips above the current SP melting point in an effort, I believe, to scare people into selling below them- and to them.

The big wedge of buyers at 24.5c would comprise no doubt the very entity/ entities with bigger parcels sitting at 27c. Their margin on the next run should be reduced further again and their main cure for this will be to move their next sell-down price higher- or go and raid another junior explorer that has first round results about to break.

I take your point that their behaviour erodes investor confidence in the shorter term. My personal conclusion is that the selling behaviour has no genesis in any inside information on upcoming results and is not likely related to a further CR at this point. It is pure margin trading on a scale outside the reach of the average investor. Good results will lay waste to these antics at these price levels. More than happy to hear contrary views, its what makes this all the more interesting. My take on it all could be way-off. Cheers BP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $67.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.5¢ 12.5¢ $131.3K 1.025M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 243565 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 363322 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.