HAV 11.8% 19.0¢ havilah resources limited

Glad to see some people finally talking some sense in regards to...

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Glad to see some people finally talking some sense in regards to drilling objectives.

Looks to me like this asset could line up pretty nicely in terms of grade/quality, opportunities for further ore concentration, logistics and size of the deposit, and lets not forget how it compares with what else is currently located close by in SA.

Can't begin to understand why a comparison was given to buying up WA iron ore to send down to SA. The investment case for buying the steelworks is to increase amount and quality of products produced, while also utilising the iron ore export infrastructure they have for further $'s. To do this they need a long life high quality ore. The investment case for HAV ore is clear (I hope), but lets see if SIMEC and HAV can strike the right deal, as its still $1b+ to get this mine up and running, not to mention a few years away. Yes SIMEC have the ability to raise that sort of money and the project fundamentals makes sense, but HAV certainly don't (so SIMEC have a lot of bargaining power). 

If SIMEC can fully utilise its export capacity out of the harbour while also using whatever it needs into its furnaces things could be interesting for them. As Gupta said he wants to secure iron ore and coal for all of their steelworks around the world to reduce risks in price fluctuations. Big investments in steel works are paid off over very long periods of time so he'll be looking at returns over various economic cycles, so to have some control over most of his major input costs is key. He's already trying to sort out the power issue which is of course another very large input cost. Unfortunately labour is a little out of his control.  

StockAnalysis over the past few weeks have had some very positive write ups on the project and some comparisons to mines who could be likely contenders (HAV still comes out on top). 

I for me I see more value in this iron ore project, and am happy if management switches from this Copper + Cobalt strategy. To do 10mt pa could produce a hell of a lot more EBITDA, and a lot sooner then Kalkaroo!

Anyone concerned we haven't heard about any extension in exclusivity for SIMEC? I'd have thought it would have come through today if it was happening.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.020(11.8%)
Mkt cap ! $60.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 21.0¢ 18.0¢ $110.0K 572.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 115000 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 40000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.32pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.