TIE 0.00% 67.5¢ tietto minerals limited

The Chinese shareholders can hold down the price of the shares...

1. 142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    The Chinese shareholders can hold down the price of the shares indefinitely and then make a lowball bid and essentially buy a company which is potentially worth 2 to $3 for let's say $.65.

I don't know whether there will be extra inducement made to management to ensure the success of the bid per Gwahir's post.

Strictly the BOD are trustees (what the Americans called fiduciaries) – trustees of the company for shareholders – if shareholders felt that there was a breach of trust that would have to be addressed by litigation or report to the regulators, in this case the ASX.

I repeat what I said in earlier posts that what is needed is a powerful buyer to come in and get the stock moving – someone like T Rowe Price or another gold company or a hedge fund – a spoiler in effect.

The BOD claims that they can resist a hostile takeover because they speak for 40% of the shares and they would expect that another 11% at least would support them.

My experience of bids is that it's every man for himself and you can never tell what shareholders will actually do and the 40% may be fanciful.

It all comes down to the same thing – get the frickin’ stock moving - admittedly hard when 10% or whatever of the share capital can be deployed to keep a lid on the share price!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TIE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.