4DS 6.10% 8.7¢ 4ds memory limited

Not the best news, although it's not all too bad either.From the...

1. 300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 357

Not the best news, although it's not all too bad either.

From the announcement
    ---------------------------------------------------
    As announced on 17 August 2021, 4DS demonstrated that fully crystalline PCMO material reduced the cell onresistance by an order of magnitude compared to the PCMO material fabricated in the Second Non-Platform Lot. This reduction in cell on-resistance directly translated into a significant improvement in read speed. The Company also stated that this significant performance improvement also meant that full characterization (speed, endurance, retention) of memory cells with this fully crystalline PCMO material requires memory cells operating in a memory array where currents are controlled and limited by access devices.
    Since 17 August 2021, 4DS has continued to improve its test capability to extract additional information from the Third Non-Platform Lot on endurance of its memory cells. Improvement in the Company’s test capability has shown that while endurance of these improved cells remains several orders of magnitude better than NAND endurance, it has potentially degraded when compared to the Second Non-Platform Lot performance reported in a Company announcement on 1 February 2021. Part of this degradation may be caused by test related issues resulting from testing the memory cell without an access device.
    4DS expects that the results from the Third Platform Lots will resolve the ambiguity of the endurance test results to date.
    imec Non-Platform Lots only support standalone 4DS ReRAM memory cells whilst the Third Platform Lot will include 4DS ReRAM memory cells with imec access transistors. This will enable more precise measurements of endurance and retention at the higher currents that resulted from the process improvements made in the Third Non-Platform Lot.
    -----------------------------------------------------

Essentially from what we can see we're chasing and maximizing the performance out of 4ds ReRam technology. Whilst todays news isn't the best news, it's not all bad either as the company is refining, improving and squeezing as much performance they can out of the technology. Improved test capability and testing the fully crystalline PCMO material without an access device could be contributing to that degradation. The fully crystalline PCMO material was selected to achieve a significant improvement in read speed.

So while that means we might be waiting a bit longer - or seeing a CR. I don't think it's that negative at all. I think it's positive overall. IMEC also extended their contract, meaning both 4DS and IMEC understood and was under the impression that we will be winding up operations by contracts end, although with current circumstances this has changed. I believe we can have some faith with IMEC, especially if they extended the contract given the new findings. They're one of the leaders in the industry so if this development has caught them by surprise then that's fine - hiccups happen when you're innovating and refining as you go.

With that all said, I do think the company should be forthcoming with it's technology and what it's able to achieve. I don't think hiding behind the guise of confidentially is good enough at this stage, especially if 4DS is to be on sold. It's time to come clean with what we've got and what we are looking to achieve - that way it will settle investors nerves and achieve a better price later on, better CR price for when it eventuates unless the company finds another source of funding (less dilution for loyal investors and management)?

The company is listed publicly, and uses funds from retail investors - thus the information on the companies technologies capability should be available to investors. They have patents and patent protections of which the IP will be transferred to the buyer - so the risk theoretically should be minimal there. It would be good to raise this at the AGM. Time for 4DS to reveal what we have.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.7¢
Change
0.005(6.10%)
Mkt cap ! $153.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.7¢ 8.2¢ $141.9K 1.709M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5230 8.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.7¢ 117640 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 3.66 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.2¢ 8.5¢ 8.2¢ 619854
Last updated 15.20pm 03/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.