4DS 1.09% 9.3¢ 4ds memory limited

Short term to me is literally minutes, long term is forever and...

1. 3,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3617
    Short term to me is literally minutes, long term is forever and medium term is maybe a few weeks. It will move up and down between now and the CR, providing trading chances, if they release more info on performance it will jump up again and medium term it will move up towards the next wafer announcement - twice once when they put them in and once when they are about to get them back, then it will climb again as it runs up to results, after that depends on those results - if good it will go nuts. In between it will retrace and all of these are trading opportunities. This thing can double very quickly and easily swallows 500k trades in its movements as volumes are high. There are repeated $50k - $100k profits to be made trading this without any particular impact on the market. Right now the invisible trade (one that does impact the trading flow) is around $20k but that can be done in multiple trades so moving $40-60k (at current prices) is a no-brainer. Just take today - it moved from 7.5 to 8.6 with something like 20m shares of volume. Moving 500k shares in a trade was a cinch. That's 5k right away. Tomorrow it will most likely rise a cent to a cent and half before falling away - that's another 5k to 7k, on the same $40k etc. It may drift down to 4 or 5c, I agree it did that last time, but each time it is further along the road so the floor price might be higher. The CR will have no particular impact on price other than to pull it down a few points to whatever discount they do the CR at. In between time there is plenty of opportunity for the company to hype the price - not that they are especially good at that.

For one thing they will probably clarify the schmozzel of a comment about the lack of a storage market over the next week or so and that will see a pickup in the market, because I bet lots of people read that the same way I did when I first saw it. The only difference is I thought about it a bit more and then decided they meant that the market wasn't defined, not that it didn't exist.

It's always been this way with 4ds. It isn't a CTO they need its a PR exec who can sell the technology to investors and communicate with completely screwing up the message,

Anyway, that was my thinking behind the comment of it being a good multi-term bet. The shorter the time period the smaller your profit target has to be, but you can do it over and over again (which by-the-way is exactly what I do.) This last one I got wrong - because I was trapped in the TH, but then we were all anticipating a bigger return before XMas, but so be it. I have made heaps off 4DS over the years and fully expect to make this loss back again and more profit. I am just happier having the chance to trade it for another 6 months and then make a big profit, then just making a big profit now. I have every confidence that the end point hasn't changed, just the timing of it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
0.001(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $163.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.8¢ 8.8¢ $1.172M 12.48M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 233391 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 58082 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.