ABB 0.00% $3.65 aussie broadband limited

Ann: 4Q FY22 Trading Update, page-30

1. 1,291 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    I had lots of issues with my connection.

AT the end of the day it was all NBN's fault. I tested the connection hundreds of time with the support tools ABB provide in your account (something other providers don't have) micro flapping, total disconnects the works. Dragged a new lead-in and also new RG6 from the NBN box outside to my only point of connection in the study.

NBN techs are really hit and miss. I knew 100% it was the tap in the pit as I took a look and it was heavily corroded. Told them that every time they addended NBN refused to replace it. 3 properties off that tap, iteven tually went down and all 3 premises were without internet for days.

It wasn't until a tech from NBN ( one that had connections inside NBN) came out, took one look at the tap and agreed 100% that was the problem that the wheels were put in motion. Tap was changed, neighbor re routed his reticulation so he wasn't soaks that pit 3 days a week and it's been rock solid for years.

Abb couldn't do enough for me but they are tied to NBN infrastructure. It that's old, HFC in my case, then there's nothing they can do except continually hound NBN to resolve the fault. You can also you multiply tests to provide evidence the connection is flapping excessively. It all helps.

NBN it the big issue here imho. Pathetic customer service and maintenance. Just wait till it goes down and then, even under obvious degradation to the infrastructure still refuse to correct the issue.

So Many things can screw a connection. NTD stuffed, routed buggered, lead-in damaged. wall connection compromised, list goes on. lots are the end consumers responsibility.

Feel for ya mate. Been there and it ain't fun
    Last edited by hosh: 08/08/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.65
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.078B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 55 $3.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.64 10 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.51am 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ABB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.