ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,070 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6391
    Thanks for that. They had a clear idea about proving up oxide copper resources around the Duchess area for toll treatment or sale to local mill owners. This may explain the drill holes in the near surface zone northerly off the mineralised zone at Nil Desperandum, perhaps still hunting for near surface oxide deposits to exploit as a first option.

The more I study the region of the Carnaby and Hammer tenements the more I am convinced that there is a granite influence on some deposits of gold-copper mineralisation (separate to the IOCG mineralisation). There are various workings along the contact zone of granites in the Carnaby and southern Hammer ground, also lots of anomalous soil and stream sediments from these contact zones. I think there may be some granite hosted gold rich copper mineralisation to find. This would be of a mineralisation style that has not been mentioned but is, I believe, worth a look.

The spectacular gold sample Hammer showed photos of recently 4.48% Gold (yes 4.48%) is from a vein very near the granite contact where there has been a long line of gold anomalies. The Mount Erle workings in CNB ground are along several km of the granite contact zone and some of the pits are extensive. CNB also have similar anomalies along the contact of the St. Mungo granite west of Tick Hill.

I will pull this together in the coming weeks and see what it looks like as a coherent story. My Geology Honours thesis was on gold-copper in granites and some of my early career exploration work was in this area. Maybe I have an inherent bias and see them everywhere but I think it is too much of a coincidence here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.