DRO 6.11% 95.5¢ droneshield limited

DRO makes Anti Drone technology (does not make drones). They are...

1. 61 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37

DRO makes Anti Drone technology (does not make drones). They are "the only pure play publicly listed counter-drone company in the world" (DRO Chairman's report, 23 April 2024)

My simple understanding of their tech is that, it takes control of, and/or confuses the offending drone (or drones), forcing it (them) to land safely (soft kill) or to return to sender! They do say they do a hard kill as well, but I haven't seen details of that in their reports (its mentioned on the website). Hard kill involves things like shooting down or using a laser to destroy the drone.

(I do not know what would happen if a bomb loaded drone was made to land softly!) But, with a soft kill;
    a) There is less risk of collateral damage that could result if a drone (one with no bomb) was destroyed violently while flying over a crowded area (sporting events in streets or stadiums, airports, busy shopping malls, etc),
    b) A drone that lands and remains intact can be examined for whatever may help id the owner, tech, etc.,
    c) There is also the ability to id the location of the person controlling the drone in real time - so authorities can act on the user quickly.

In military applications: While the civilian use case has always been clear (and will obviously grow due to the increasing love for drones by the general population), military suitability has been a topic of debate on Hotcopter! Does this tech work (compared to kinetic systems such as those offered by EOS)?

Droneshield say they target and defeat small drones (and not the large one that Lockhead Martin and others target). The US military approved DRO's systems. There is confirmation that Droneshield tech has been in use in Ukraine (on the Ukraine side) since February 2022 (see Oleg Sky News interview from Oct 2022, and now the Chairman's report from 23 April 2024. Use in Ukraine was initially paid for by a European government, but more recently, in late 2023, DRO got $10million out of a $20 million aid package from the Australian Government to Ukraine (DRO Chairman's report, 23 April 2024). The fact that 50% of the total went to DRO is notable, and perhaps all the more important considering this was after a year of it being used on the field - meaning, it works! So, its an affirmative: DRO is suitable for battlefield use.

And yes, AI seems to be a big feature of their systems: they are investing quite heavily in it.

I hope it helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.5¢
Change
0.055(6.11%)
Mkt cap ! $690.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
90.0¢ 95.5¢ 89.0¢ $6.121M 6.557M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 207504 95.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
96.0¢ 73317 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
95.0¢
  Change
0.055 ( 6.71 %)
Open High Low Volume
90.0¢ 95.5¢ 89.0¢ 2827540
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.