AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

More AGS news. It's behind a paywall so I'll copy and paste a...

1. 935 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    More AGS news. It's behind a paywall so I'll copy and paste a small part of the article relevant to AGS.

Alliance Resources (AGS) 12.5c
    Over the years the uranium caper has been much more fun for investors in the exploration chase, rather than the drudgery of actually mining the toxic substance.
    When Alliance’s 25 per cent Four Mile mine in the Flinders Ranges began producing in November last year — the first new local uranium pit in decades — it should have been a crowning moment.
    Instead, Four Mile has been a saga of acrimony and litigation between Alliance and its 75 per cent partner Quasar Resources, a local offshoot of the secretive US General Atomics. Justifiably, Alliance last year decided to shed its stake, resulting in Quasar exercising its pre-emptive rights with a low-ball $57.6 million offer.
    That was quickly rejected and the hard-arsed Yanks yesterday returned with a $71.3m offer, including the $25m value of Alliance’s share of uranium oxide concentrates already mined.
    The Alliance board hasn’t spat this one out and is “seeking advice”, which presumably means a courtesy call to its 25 per cent holder, Ian Gandel.
    Alliance bears a market cap of only $50m despite the shares spiking 50 per cent yesterday.
    Meanwhile, Energy Resources Australia (ERA, 40.5c) still commands a $200m valuation despite 68 per cent holder Rio Tinto last month pulling support for a lifesaving extension of the Ranger mine in the NT.

Source: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...ad-for-investors/story-e6frg9lo-1227425900301

Last edited by chrisCarter: Formatting 03/07/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.