AW1 14.3% 12.0¢ american west metals limited

From today's announcement, there was this section,A quick search...

1. 3,207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1786

From today's announcement, there was this section,

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5372/5372198-46b42eaaf21ed42d906dfa94550e1bbe.jpg
    A quick search on Google BARD...Question: are the Kalahari Copper Belt (Botswana) and Central African Copper Belt (DRC, Zambia) examples of SEDEX deposits, what tonnage and mineralogy exists in these formations?

Yes, the Kalahari Copper Belt and the Central African Copper Belt are examples of SEDEX deposits. They are both located in the Neoproterozoic Katanga Supergroup, which is a sedimentary basin that formed about 900 to 500 million years ago. The deposits are hosted in shallow marine sandstones and shales, and they contain copper, cobalt, zinc, lead, silver, and gold.The Kalahari Copper Belt is located in Botswana, and it is home to the Boseto Mine, which is one of the largest SEDEX deposits in the world. The Boseto Mine contains over 100 million tonnes of copper and cobalt.The Central African Copper Belt is located in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Zambia, and it is home to many large SEDEX deposits, including the Kolwezi Mine, the Tenke-Fungurume Mine, and the Kamoa-Kakula Mine. These deposits contain over 100 million tonnes of copper, and they are some of the most important copper deposits in the world.The mineralogy of the Kalahari Copper Belt and the Central African Copper Belt is dominated by copper sulfide minerals, such as chalcopyrite, bornite, and covellite. These minerals are typically disseminated throughout the host rocks, but they can also be concentrated in veins and lenses. The deposits also contain minor amounts of zinc sulfide minerals, lead sulfide minerals, silver minerals, and gold minerals. The tonnage of the Kalahari Copper Belt and the Central African Copper Belt is still being explored, but it is estimated that the deposits contain over 1 billion tonnes of copper. These deposits are a major source of copper for the world, and they are expected to be a major source of copper for many years to come.

These type of sedimentary copper deposit are known as a "sedimentary exhalative deposit" or "SEDEX deposit." SEDEX deposits are formed when hydrothermal fluids rise from the Earth's interior and interact with sedimentary rocks. The hydrothermal fluids dissolve copper from the rocks and then deposit it as copper sulfide minerals. SEDEX deposits are an important source of copper. They are found in many parts of the world, including the United States, Canada, Australia, and Chile.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.