MSB 8.42% $1.03 mesoblast limited

Mesoblast Shares Jump on Positive Covid-19 Treatment...

1. 101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39

Mesoblast Shares Jump on Positive Covid-19 Treatment Results

124/04/2020 1:01PM
        By Stuart Condie  

SYDNEY--Mesoblast Ltd. shares have jumped by nearly a third after the Australian company said its stem-cell treatment showed promising results in treated Covid-19 patients in the U.S.

Mesoblast said Friday that its allogeneic cell therapy remestemcel-L was administered under emergency compassionate use to 12 ventilator-dependent patients at New York's Mount Sinai hospital in March and April. It reported an 83% survival rate in the patients compared with 12% in ventilator-dependent Covid-19 patients who didn't receive the treatment at two major referral hospital networks in New York during the same period.

The company said nine of the 12 patients, who received two infusions of remestemcel-L within the first five days of emergency treatment, came off ventilator support within a median of 10 days. That compared with 9% of patients receiving standard treatment.

Shares in Mesoblast, which develops biological regenerative products, last traded 31% higher at a two-month high of A$2.58.

Mesoblast said the compassionate use treatment helped inform the design of the clinical protocol for randomized, placebo-controlled Phase II/III North American trial of remestemcel-L in ventilator-dependent Covid-19 patients.

Write to Stuart Condie at [email protected]

Just found this on my anz share trading site, time 1:01pm, Dow Jones

wsj.com - I'm guessing that's Wall Street Journal?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
0.080(8.42%)
Mkt cap ! $1.176B
Open High Low Value Volume
95.5¢ $1.03 95.0¢ $43.38M 42.28M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 72752 $1.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 205100 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.