ARU 3.13% 15.5¢ arafura rare earths ltd

Well done @Hosujan . You and I similar story you got in 7 months...

1. 321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    Well done @Hosujan . You and I similar story you got in 7 months before me (Sept 2011) and I started at 0.66 and (unfortunately initially) kept buying on the way down, averaging down all the way with lowest buy (SPP $15K) in Dec 2018 at 0.044 Crikey I even remember selling some to fund the SPP money a few days earlier at 0.055
    As I have stated too often "The best buys in ARU have always been around CR/SPP/Placement time" but also portfolio management is necessary to ensure (in the early days in particular) that your exposure to these riskier stocks was not excessive.
    BTW this now also applies to the options ARUO, they are a riskier beast and my (non-financial expert) advice is to be very aware of their higher risk as it is my understanding there is no exercise price adjustment (downward) for future capital raises/dilution of SP. For example if ARU management decide in their great wisdom to allow Hyundai (or other Offtakers/partners) to take Strategic Equity within this next 15 months and say issue 1.0 billion shares at 0.30 (for $300mil payment) then the chances of the ARU SP going above 0.45 before options lapse on 29/02/2024 is near zero (esp if the shares are issued say Dec 2023)
    And in answer to @arsenic questions about "Unless, you just bought a lot of oppies. In which case you were always big enough and smart/ugly enough to take care of yourself." NO I have some but <10% of my ARU numberholding, because I saw them as significantly undervalued at the time of buying, but was very aware of the above risks, and as Hosujan did I sold some ARU to fund part of that purchase (call it an arbitrage).
    No I can't complain (I'm up over 100% on my averaged buy prices) but my feeling is that ARU are now mature enough to be getting out of this "Placement" game and have plenty of Sophs/BEOTs/instos/fundies already on the Share registry that its well and truly time for a Non-Renounceable Proportional Rights Issue (therefore to all shareholders equally) and should be mature enough to have mechanisms in place to eg allow Top Up buying ie allow SH who want to buy more than their entitlement to subscribe for more if some SH do not take up their entitlement, as well as have one or two of their Broker buddies (eg Bell Potter) act as an underwriting for say 25% of the entitlement-just in case all the issue can't be gotten away initially, and then that $20-40mil can be distributed to their 708Soph clients to satisfy them.
    @Hosujan I agree with your philosophy of buy and hold, esp keeping with a theme (electrification of vehicles) and buying the likely best in each field/metal. The same is happening with lithium (I missed my preferred play there, I think they are all looking overvalued now), look at graphite (there's more in a EV battery than lithium !!), cobalt's needed, etc. I think we are in Austs best RE company ARU, shares that my grandchildren will eventually say that their granddad bought with some insight, and he did well living off the dividends of 15-20c a share.(Project expansion will occur late this decade)

Thanks@Bignuts77

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $381.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 16.0¢ 15.0¢ $625.4K 4.036M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
80 3626191 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 37277 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.