G1A 0.00% 5.9¢ galena mining limited

Ann: Abra Construction 58% Complete, page-50

1. 2,390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1348
    I don't think the regulator would be too happy with an MD issuing SP targets other than an anodyne " we believe we're undervalued by the market " type statements. The reality is he has many things he can't change e.g. the constitution of the BOD, the remuneration policy, past missteps like the funding arrangement etc, nor can he do much about the WA difficult mine operation and construction scene with high labor and tightening credit markets and significant inflation ... this makes it very challenging for a manager building any new mine especially an UG with its construction challenges and geological uncertainties, even if its fully funded, on budget and on schedule.
    A sane person concentrates on the thing that they can affect, and recognises and accepts what they cant change. The MD and his team can only affect the mine and plant construction by energetic intelligent diligent application to completion of the mine and plant, on time and on budget, and achieving first pour ASAP. Even though the shareholders are feeling there's a vacuum, and that the ship is rudderless and drifting into an endless desert, all this in the context of a major market correction, G1A is sound company with the prospect of a real long life producing asset that a growing world economy will utilise - cant say the same about many other investment alternatives - G1A is very unlikely to become bankrupt and sink to zero value - whats in doubt is the quantum of that value.
    Once fully commissioned, a better SP and liquidity should ensue. Its a long wait, and unsuitable for those who need to cash in shares before that time arrives ... but so many stocks are like that when an investor adopts a long term fundamental approach instead of a technical day trader approach. Unfortunately when one puts money where your mouth is, it can finish up in the toilet.
    G1A is my worst performing stock, but, although looking comatose, its actually hibernating with a strong pulse - hang tough - G1A spring is a mere 6-9 months away.
    Meanwhile perhaps the MD could give a monthly construction update ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G1A (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.