G1A 0.00% 5.9¢ galena mining limited

Ann: Abra Construction 97% Complete - First Ore Stockpiled, page-27

1. 2ic
    5,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4871
    @PetrStiff Appreciate the interest, but more than a little forward. Reminds me of that sex ed scene with John Cleese in the Meaning of Life, leaping straight for the button like a bull at a gate... What's wrong with a kiss boy, why not start off with a nice kiss lol.

Seems I'm being asked to lift my skirt all too often on HC recently, another base metal stock specifically, and I'm not sure it's really that constructive. Suffice to say; I have broad but distant geological experience, worked for myself in business and investment/speculation for almost 20 years, successfully enough it affords me the time to research and post on what I like when I like. I transitioned from full time day trading to position trading to project investing over a 15-year journey that taught me a hell of a lot about markets and myself.

Necessity is the mother investment style. eg, if you don't have much capital, you're really limited to short trading to turn over and grow that capital quickly, don;t have the luxury of LT project investments etc. If you don;t need the income, you can afford to get lazy and follow your interest instead of stressing on the next good thing to flip. Ultimately imo, people have a natural investment disposition and strength in a certain style of trading and that's where they should end up. I don;t have an affinity for chasing the next hot stock bubble or short-term trading so don't bother trying, even though I could if I had to. I like digging into resource projects fundamentals, evaluating situation and true value against company and broker claims.

At best I agree with the bulls, in which case I have no contrarian advantage or value to offer HC. Very often I find the sausage doesn;t match the sizzle, sometimes I bother upsetting threads by posting that opinion. Occasionally i find project that is actually better than the market believes, usually during market downturns (a rising tide lifts all boats regardless of real value). When I find high probability, very asymmetrical risk-reward set-ups I go big and usually do very well. Those investments have been the foundation of my wealth and tend to paper over the otherwise patchy to poor record of short-term punting like most gamblers. Buying cheap CR at a wholesale discount via brokers and flipping into the ensuing bounce to retail is the only time-tested guarantee to make money on the ASX imo (assuming you don;t become a believer and actually try holding LT with all that brings).

G1A is an example of a stock that looked well undervalued during a general market downturn into July this year. In doing my DD, found out that a CR was likely required shortly which partly explained the falling price, rising short sales and kept me off the bid. Then they dropped the real bombshell of a massive mine downgrade hidden behind an innocuous/misleading MRE downgrade from more than 12 months earlier. That highlights the real difficulty for the average punter on the ASX... without some inside knowledge of what's really going on, no amount of clever research on public information can do better than simply frontrunning the real story. Information asymmetry and misleading management commentary are only obvious in hindsight, by which time it's too late.

G1A was a clearly over-sold buy at 12.5c, not that any outside the well connected, existing LT holders or management got a slice. Bugger all shares traded at 13.5c so realistically retail had to average down at 14c+ which is hard to do after buying 'good news' all the way down and then knowing your being asked to buy more at 10% over the recent CR price (I never held over that period btw). Individuals had to make their minds up whether to pinch their nose and add more into the downgrade confession based on over-sold value or steer clear on principal. History and a very strong market bounce second half 2022 is on the scoreboard... well done to those that doubled down where they could and hopefully are now back above water. The value proposition at 25c vs 12.5c is clearly very different today when really things have progressed as expected, thus my sentiment fwiw. My sentiment was in July and remains today as...

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4916/4916341-62a4ceee23149ed98ac6c593dc08f49e.jpg

Still, GLTAH, I hope Abra knocks it out of the park on future production and exploration efforts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G1A (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.