ABV 0.00% 5.5¢ advanced braking technology ltd

Thales deal was to help with design integration / feasibility...

1. 9,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 793
    Thales deal was to help with design integration / feasibility initially for a safety solution IMO. That will then go exp of interest / tender and ABV may bid. They have to be very careful as they are offering consulting service IMO. They may have preferred bidder status for aussie content if they qualify as a supplier or can convince Thales they can provide suitable certification and guarantee regarding supply and finance. Due to that there may be a 3rd party inbetween taking some meat $ and accepting risk guarantees. There are numerous suppliers that can supply suitable tailshaft brake from their standard components and they will use local office to " pretend to have aussie content"

Good that they are dealing in that sector and learning. Don't ever think Thales area friend . They are a tough business. Their procurement will probably restrict all parts purchases via them for a period of vehicle life and require continuity of supply and 12 month supply parts and replacements always including electronic labeling ,special packaging, guarantee of enviro, disposal , standards galore etc. They know how to milk every cent IMo.

There are lots of positives in defense but it is not always a winner and problem with all defense stuff is that when model is sold to different country to keep politicians / taxpayers happy they try and source locally to that country and also prefer status of existing defense suppliers so the bosch, bendix etc etc all have a large advantage and can afford to loss lead as they have thousands of $ of product in the vehicle already. The best idea, value and product doesn't always get the gig. I have seen contracts locked in long term go to inferior more expensive products just because the availability and already in warehouse logistics used for other outdated vehicles. Twice as expensive, half the life and lower reliability but a winner. Stupid I know but I never count chickens with govt contracts and small companies and it isn't a level playing field.
    Last edited by Teddyward: 181 08/08/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.97M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.5¢ 5.5¢ $3.193K 58.05K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200000 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 458833 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ABV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.