CLW 4.13% $3.53 charter hall long wale reit

With the benefit of hindsight I wish I'd bought that parcel of...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    With the benefit of hindsight I wish I'd bought that parcel of CLW today rather than yesterday. It only feels like stocks always fall after I buy, and rise after l sell. It can't possibly be a real thing .

I hint at the answer to your question in my previous post.... Like yourself, I got caught up in the GFC. I was horribly overweight in a REIT called MCW (which Charter Hall actually took over in the late 2000s). I kept buying more as the GFC intensified. The only thing I did right was not selling until 2015. It was un unpleasant experience I am keen to avoid repeating.

Currently l own the REITs AVN, CLW, CQE and GPT. I've done a lot of research into these trusts and know what they do. My stock market exposure was very low when Covid hit early last year. I've been buying small parcels of stocks regularly and reinvesting the dividends / distributions for the past 18 months. I avoid too much exposure to shopping mall REITs and retail companies, no matter how cheap they look.

As for CLW, the simple answer is it looks cheap compared with the other three REITs l own and l can justify to myself spreading the risk further. I'd love to buy more AVN or CQE but both look fully priced to me. I'm happy with GPT, but the CLW distribution is higher plus there's a reinvestment plan which GPT does not have. If CLW increased to $5.50 (which l think it will) and Aventus fell ten percent, I'd be buying a few more Aventus units with my next stock market purchase.

It is trading below NTA (which is sure to increase) with a six percent yield, and quality management. Plus, I wanted to increase my exposure to Australian property. My change of mind was purely to do with valuation compared with other stocks and REITs in my portfolio rather than compared with where CLW was a few months ago. I was looking at RFF, for example, at $2.35, missed my chance to buy and now that looks fully priced as well. CLW looked to be a better opportunity at $5.11 than, say, CQE at $3.75, BHP at $50, or ANZ at $29.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.53
Change
0.140(4.13%)
Mkt cap ! $2.552B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.44 $3.54 $3.44 $6.022M 1.716M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 11110 $3.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.53 12232 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CLW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.