DGL 0.92% 54.0¢ dgl group limited

No! It depends on where you are in the curve. There comes a...

1. 492 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    No! It depends on where you are in the curve. There comes a point when one has to cut their losses and move on because your money in an underperforming stock is costing you money even if your just sitting. In my case and in the case of most I dare say, since Feb 2024 I could have been making 5% on my DGL investment if I put it in a bank or alternatively, if I put my $$ in another company that has performed much better.

For example, after the DGL nose dive in Feb 2024, I seriously considered taking my losses and buying in SXE, which IMO, has really good fundamentals (DYOR) and alas, if I'd gone with my judgment, Id be in minor profit ATM on that investment, and invested in a company which IMO is far better placed to grow than DGL in the short to medium term (DYOR).

I think why I decided to stay (and I accept that inertia also played a part) was because I did not credit that SH would doggedly continue with his M&A program even though he has since acknowledged that it has upset S'holders and the market generally. So DGL now has my money interest free, while Im losing money (getting no interest and losing other opportunities). In the very long term this strategy might succeed and be very profitable to SH who it seems to me can wait long term. But to a retail investor like me,its been a serious loss. If the SP recovers to pre Feb 2024 levels, I expect IMO it wont be this year and unlikely to be next year (DYOR). You have a different view, fine, you're welcome to it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
54.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.92%)
Mkt cap ! $153.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
54.5¢ 54.5¢ 54.0¢ $16.22K 29.82K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 126545 54.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.0¢ 104152 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.