ARB 0.89% $38.64 arb corporation limited.

Back of the envelope thoughts:So, according to above Truckman...

1. 624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 206
    Back of the envelope thoughts:

So, according to above Truckman figures - translated into AUD: ARB pays AUD 40 mio max to purchase an NPAT of AUD 3 mio; that's is a return of about 7.5% on those historic figures. - Many shareholders here would buy into a dividend yield for 7.5, me thinks.

ARB pays this out of cash, i.e. earning what exactly in the past? Probably diddely squat.

So, there 'war chest' someone quoted earlier somewhere has been opened.

Assuming the purchased historic NPAT of 3 mio AUD and dividing it by ca. 81 mio ARB shares on issue, I guesstimate the net contribution of 3.7 cents a share.

All in all: this seems to be good ... if the market would not perceive the risks involved as substantial. Why beating down a stock (that now earns 3.7 cents more) by 5 %? I can't really understand this.

But here are some conjectures:
    • fear of rising treasury rates
    • one cannot really access the European market out of the UK - anymore (as easily as in the past)
    • past paradigms of SGH and Bunnings
    • somehow, the purchase does not sound exciting (... yep, not an economic argument)

The trading day is not over, and just short of 200.000 shares have changed hands. This is not high turnover, but high price impact. It shows that at ARB's current lofty valuation, the share price becomes volatile or vulnerable (for lack of a better word). Once these sellers are gone, the share price should stabilise; though I am unsure if to top up (if there is space in the risk allocation of the portfolio) right now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$38.64
Change
0.340(0.89%)
Mkt cap ! $3.181B
Open High Low Value Volume
$38.80 $39.19 $38.63 $6.859M 176.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 257 $38.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$38.72 311 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.