NTD 1.18% 43.0¢ ntaw holdings limited

Strangely muted market response to this announcement yesterday,...

1. 16,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8204
    Strangely muted market response to this announcement yesterday, I thought.

For mine, the acquisition has plenty of merit, on several fronts:

1. At an EV/EBITDA acquisition multiple of ~4x, it is clearly value-accretive

2. It is also earnings quality-enhancing, with EBITDA margins of ~14%/15%, cf. NTD's current 10%

3. The obvious cost synergies from eliminating duplicated fixed cost overheads - for this scale and type of acquisition, there's normally at least $1m up for grabs (mostly duplicated corporate overheads);

4. Revenue synergies - I don't sense there is that much geographical overlap, so this is not really a "buy- out-the-opposition-to-reduce-pricing-competition" type of transaction, but there is some scope for Black Rubber products and/or services to be run through NTD's distribution network

5. The re-treading component of Black Rubber's business has some sustainability cachet - which must be worth at least half, or three-quarters, of a valuation point re-rating.

6. The most important attribute of this acquisition, though, is that it takes a reasonably meaningful step away from the customer concentration represented by the Goodyear relationship.

More smart deals like these over the foreseeable future will render the Goodyear issue somewhat moot.
    (As it is I think the odds of Goodyear simply continuing to use NTD to distribute Goodyear products in Australia are better than 50% - why would Goodyear risk foregoing meaningful sales volumes by trying to save on a few % of distribution margin paid to the country's largest independent distributor?)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.0¢
Change
0.005(1.18%)
Mkt cap ! $57.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 43.0¢ 40.0¢ $28.38K 67.68K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 87000 40.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.0¢ 5912 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.