VR8 2.00% 4.9¢ vanadium resources limited

All projects take time. TMT (or other V stocks) may get to...

1. 422 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    All projects take time.

TMT (or other V stocks) may get to production faster.

If you are asserting that this in turn should negatively impact the investment case of VR8 when compared to other V stocks, then I think this notion is worth challenging.

If you take a LT view of 20-400 years, the difference of speed to market of 1 year is not necessarily the most important factor in determining investment consideration.

A more important factor might be cost of production. If VR8 was 25% less than TMTs, that's a cost of production disparity of 33%. Over 400 years, this might be quite significant. Especially in the V market lulls.

Whilst TMT is tracking well, maybe there is room in the market for both. TMT already have off-take partners and this is reassuring. Maybe TMT understood the risks of the higher comparative production costs and then decided to go in to their V/IRON project. Would this have anything to do with their NAIF funding?

For me, I find it very rare to see a world class asset out on its own with a board owning 25% of the registry as a nanocap in an emerging market.

It does happen though. I missed out on the Lithium boom, but had Galaxy Resources in my watch list when it was 12 or so cents. Certainly missed out on that one.

Will try not to make the same mistake again should VR8 play out the same way.

If VR8 can follow the path to production without too many problems AND flow batteries take the place as the next emerging battery tech, for me this could be a great LT investment.

IMHO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VR8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
-0.001(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $27.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.9¢ $3.929K 80.17K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 4000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VR8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.