SGQ 3.13% 3.1¢ st george mining limited

Ann: ACQUISITION OF HIGH-GRADE ARAXA NIOBIUM PROJECT, page-77

1. 9,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8545
    @Tarly123 .... "you can start with the ultra high niobium"

LOL, what ultra high grade? The measured resource has 6Mt of 1.02%, with most of that either under the tailings dam wall or within a hundred or so metres of it. The other 21Mt of ore has a grade of 0.64% Nb2O5.
    The Mets testing recovery for Niobium was 41%.
    The low recovery is probably to do with the extra process of extracting the high grade radioactive thorium from the ore in Itafos's testing!!

Total Niobium available for sale after processing is likely to be around 80,000 over the life of the mine, assuming they can get the high grade stuff, without it because of location under tailings dam wall and close to the front of it probably only 40,000 tonnes over life of mine!!

Perhaps you didn't read this bit from the PEA...pg 65
    "The location of the old CBMM tailings dam, covering a part of the Mineral Resources, will have an effect on the ability to mine the project.

This effect may influence safety and also have a cost implication for the Araxá Project.

These effects have not been addressed in any manner or form and will need to be included as part of the modifying factors for Mineral Resource to Mineral Reserve conversion."

In other words the old tailings dam is a HUGE (expensive) problem!!

This will NEVER be mined, it will be too expensive...
    Last edited by ozblue: 06/08/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.