MEI 8.33% 11.0¢ meteoric resources nl

For development purposes onlyFor development purposes onlyFor...

1. 3,138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 377

For development purposes only

Map data ©2020 Imagery ©2020 TerraMetrics

10 km

Latitude & Longitude (WGS84):18° 17' 36'' South , 127° 51' 43'' East
    1Latitude & Longitude (decimal):-18.29355,127.86199
    2GeoHash:G#:qudzvtf22
    3Locality type:Mine
    4Köppen climate type:BSh : Hot semi-arid (steppe) climate

Named after Palm Springs, east of the mine bordering the Duncan Road at the Black Elvirie River crossing. The site once contained a Chinese market garden during the early goldfield's days. The spring is one of the prettiest spots in Western Australia, in the writer's opinion.

The initial map used named several sites in the area as Palm Springs. The second source we have instead used is Doug Stone's detailed prospecting map of the area.

The turn-off is 12 kilometres east of Old Halls Creek off the Duncan Road. This track heads north reaching the Golden Crown Mine, prospectors shack, and old battery. Another two kilometres further on is a fork, with the left side heading to the Palm Springs mine, about 4 kilometres further on. Two sheds and much mining equipment denote an active prospectors camp, and is off limits.

There was much alluvial mining here from shortly after the goldfield's discovery in 1885. However, the alluvial gravels never went to any depth or extent, and most moved on after a couple of years.

The site was developed as a small open pit between 1995 to 1997, producing over 50 000 ounces of gold. This may have obliterated some of the old workings. The mine was operated by Precious Metals Limited, who also owned the Nicolson mine, south-west of Halls Creek. Mining ended due to the low gold price at the time. The pit was said to have reached a depth of 70 metres.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
-0.010(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $218.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.5¢ 10.5¢ $771.2K 7.171M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 1899185 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 3319919 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.