Not sure I agree Tony and although I see what you're saying. I...

1. 1,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    Not sure I agree Tony and although I see what you're saying. I think its macro factors effecting shares at the moment. Very few are appreciating on fundamentals. Global reactions to news on EU is primary driver particulalry with precious metals. Not sure what Jake could be doing other than ride it out.
    Dividends would help but for how long? Continuned market pessimism will just drive the price down again. I think that looking for well priced and ecomonically sound opportunities is not a bad option. If that's what this is. If your not going forwards, you're going backwards.
    The current forcast for output doesn't look too bad and Mt Carlton will be coming on line soon with all the resources required for production seem to be lined up. I'm comfortable with a continued growth strategy, particularly ones sitting next door. If he manages to get EVN to the 2nd biggest gold (and silver) producer in the short term, I prettys sure we won't be at $1.50 for too long. In fact, $2 would be a distant memory.
    In saying all that, could do with a dividend especially cause the carbon tax won't have an impact.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.99
Change
0.040(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $7.936B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.95 $3.99 $3.94 $33.88M 8.521M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 7059 $3.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.99 234326 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.