KAR 1.36% $1.81 karoon energy ltd

I don't think anyone has said that this acquisition is cheap. On...

1. 1,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    I don't think anyone has said that this acquisition is cheap. On a valuation metric it isn't overly cheap. Its broadly in line with other peers valuation metrics on the ASX though (I provided an example of this in BPT yesterday) so not really a premium either, market price I guess you'd say, so essentially the question is then asked, whats the point? You are acquiring an asset that theoretically doesn't increase your market cap as its not cheap.

I think most on here have a consensus view that the market has been discounting KAR for a while now due to the 1 geographical jurisdiction and the 1 asset reliance, as they do increase risk. This acquisition is all about closing the valuation metric whilst providing some good upside IF exploration activities come off. When I did my calculations yesterday (that I mentioned above) and when calculating Net profit I needed to estimate the cost per boe relating to DD&A which broadly relates to the acquisition price and that is substantially above that of Bauna, and thats largely due to the level of the acquisition price vs what we paid for Bauna, but like I said this is an acquisition that based on current production is broadly designed to close that valuation metric, whilst also providing upside potential from exploration activities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.81
Change
-0.025(1.36%)
Mkt cap ! $1.450B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.81 $1.85 $1.80 $6.694M 3.678M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 72717 $1.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.82 17108 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.81
  Change
-0.025 ( 1.34 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.81 $1.85 $1.80 1115604
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.