BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Looking through the LIFX financials at the end of the...

1. 241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Looking through the LIFX financials at the end of the announcement I am concerned that we are buying a company that appears to be trading insolvent. According to the statements as at 31/12/18 LIFX has 21.5mill in assets and 26m in CURRENT liabilities. I am no expert, however when your assets can not cover your at call liabilities then you are basically insolvent. What am i missing here?

Furthermore that majority of the debt 'eastfield debt- 23.2mill' appears to be from the manufacturer as explained in the announcement. This is concerned for 2 reasons because Suppliers have a huge incentive to hand out credit to customers to keep them in the game. Once they factor in their margin, it sometimes makes sense to extend credit where no one else will Their credit rating capabilities are usually quite poor on top of that.

It looks like LIFX has been using its supplier to fund it's growth.

I am pretty worried as a BUD holder as to why we are paying 51mill USD for such a business. The story is great and i see the potential, however considered what has gone on at BUD over the last 12 months i don't really know how to take this news. I hold a ton of shares under 6c and was considering buying more under 9c once i digested this information. Can someone with a better insight into the numbers provide their point of view on the LIFX financials as currently reported, specifically around the debt they have on the books.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.