ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,672 Posts.
    On face value I'd agree. Closer to development. But one of the reasons SA can be developed is because a lot of the ground in SA is brownfield. Uley and Koppio for eg.

What many people dont realise is that the only deposits in WA that are also brownfield are the ones south. And my sketchy info says that the WA deposits supplied a regional graphite market. That's a very important characteristic to a graphite mine - local customers.

However I couldn't tell you who those regional WA customers were and whether they still exist. You want to help me figure that bit out?

The Americans were keen on Halberts at one stage which is pretty much a stones throw away. In the 11th hour the Americans decided to use Mexican grade graphite instead to split the atom and not WA. Again - my sources on this are a little sketchy though.

SA may be closer to development but I don't believe WA brownfield ground would be as far behind as many believe it is.

Ease of getting to development a factor too. Not many Vxl holders are pleased with the support they got from the SA govt. WA more mining friendly. SA govt hasn't chipped in any money to pay for anyone's drilling either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.