MEI 0.00% 15.5¢ meteoric resources nl

Well that's weird, and here I thought HC was about people...

1. 3,914 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12481
    Well that's weird, and here I thought HC was about people sharing idea and discussing stocks.
    I mean for those that only like posts talking about wishing people Merry Christmas or posts directed at people maybe it is. I think there's a saying about great minds discussing ideas and small minds discussing people.

I digress. Ah, the old 'lets wait for the announcements adage'. Well why wait for announcements at all? What does one do with the information in the announcements? Does someone then go, well are these good - how do they know they are good. They might even need to start comparing it to other stocks. I mean the alternative is what i see a lot on hotcopper on every announcement. "OMG these results are awesome going to hard today". When in reality the results suck in comparison to other companies as similar value or viable projects.

Here's is pearl of wisdom which the forum can take - or not take interest in. Waiting for announcements is conceiving that you will never know more about the company than any other person. You all know the same. So, any hope of making money relies solely on ones ability to act on that information better than the rest. Either by buying because you know it's very good for the company MC or by selling because it's getting a bit conflated. If you've got no fundamental clue as to how results either relate to profitability or de-risk a project you are pretty much gambling. Now if you're a trader (and given the likes of pumping and trading posts) then none of this is too relative. Just look at market sentiment and the T/A. Perhaps a charting thread would be more preferential.

Now me on the other hand, rather than wait for the drill results - I would think it would be handy if you could find old drilling reports about depths of the clay profile. So when the drill results come out the market can react - those that done the DD will know that in advance.

You can wait for the resource upgrade and grade therein, or one can with first principles work that out to a degree in advance.

I'd also think it would be handy to grab a PEA of companies that have proven viability of these projects and work out at a high level whether and to what extent the project may be. Alternative you can wait 12-18 months for the feasibility. There's quite a few stocks that explore and never make it to feasibility - so in some cases you'll be waiting for the study that never comes (great investing logic there).

A large part of stock movement is not a result of whether results are good or bad. I use the example of commbank getting hit by the royal commission for a bunch of wrong doings. Very bad news. Share price went up. The reason the price moves is generally a result of whether news underwhelms, meets or exceeds market expectations. The reason for that is such that the MC is a reflection of what everyone thinks. If you're able to work things out ahead of time you can use that to you're own advantage to increase or decrease exposure pre or post news.

Lastly, "this is of no interest to anyone else". "or no one cares". Well turns out the people that do matter do care. I'll explain, I didn't post yesterday as i was actually working on a few items across the portfolio. To my surprise a return and second phone call from the MEI team. Apparently these had caught the eye of some of the major shareholders and they an the team, impressed by the posts. Something to the effect of 'we thought you clearly know what you're talking about'. A good discussion as well, happy with the strategy moving forward. You're naive to think that companies, the consultants, market analyst aren't doing the same. It why i often end up in these discussions because they are value add - even to the company at times.

I post a bit for myself, it helps me to be accountable for my comments made here and so i try to be diligent and ensure i'm being as accurate as possible. We do make mistakes and i'm happy to own them. But i also post to share knowledge and impart anything i gleaned in my time as a retail investor. If it's of no value people can simply move on. Speaking of posts which add value, your now silencing scarpa as well, and i question for a second as to whether we are adding value. I'm then reminded there's 25,000 time people have thought we'd posted something considered solid analysis, and around 2000 people that for whatever reason want to follow what we're saying - generally because it's value adding right.

In summary. I have to choose between MEI Directors/Company, The major leading shareholders, the 1100 people that think stuff i post is relevant or people who prefer to read 'Merry Christmas' and discuss people, then it's not going to be a very hard choice.

On that note, Merry Christmas mate and safe travels over the holidays

SF2TH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $308.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 16.0¢ 15.0¢ $718.6K 4.638M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 1333518 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 107024 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.