ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    I don't often write on here but I feel in this situation I might have a bit to offer, particularly to 'newer' investors.
    I've been investing directly in shares for about 28 years (not that it gives me guaranteed wisdom).
    With an investment in a company something like ALC I see it as a managed risk.
    It's extremely difficult to put a value on. No long term track record or history of success and profitability. You buy into a story, a product, the companies strategy and very importantly - a management team you feel you have faith in and then watch events closely and hope like hell.

I don't buy into the conspiracies. I believe they're doing the CR at the share price determined buy the market on the day they needed to announce.

I'd like to think this management team that I'm financially backing are way too busy doing their jobs to get involved in manipulating share prices or even watching it closely.
    If you wish to believe that fund managers are manipulating it, or bots, or whatever I'll leave that to you.

ALC is a small boat on the ocean trying to find a niche and/or slice of the pie that the likes of Cerner are feasting on. Meanwhile ALC is being tossed by the waves, gasping for breath, trying to survive and grow. Still looking for funding and a strategy that might make that possible.
    I think when it comes to this big, gutsy acquisition that the following two sentences may explain it.

"Prior to the acquisition, several NHS Trusts (new & existing)have approached Alcidion regarding a larger EPR offering leveraging Miya as the core architecture• Alcidion is now strategically positioned to deliver on NHS Trusts demand for modular, cloud-native EPR offering".

I think they just felt they 'had to make this move' to survive and thrive. No waiting for the share price to rise.
    Several NHS Trusts have approached ALC. I like that bit.

This is not an investment for the faint hearted. There's still plenty of risk. Scramble, merge, buy up, try and get market share.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - Invest funds in proportion to the risk and your risk profile.

Don't let the cheer leaders get you out of your depth.
    No one would enjoy it more than me if this company took off. And I'm certainly not trying to down ramp.

Keep in mind that many investors bought in at much lower levels and won't be insulted by a CR at 25c. Just because it got to 50c doesn't mean it was worth 50c.

On another related topic. I would also enjoy world domination (not me personally as I'm too lazy for that) - ALC. And Kate is regularly asked about other overseas opportunities. I think we can read between the lines (not too hidden in my opinion) that they are far too busy with AUS/NZ and particularly the UK to put any real time or thought elsewhere. ALC is tiny in the scheme of things and are just trying
    to get noticed and taken seriously in it's current markets. (Get ready for a contract in Canada to be announced tomorrow - that's a joke for the more literal of you).

I see no conspiracies. Just a small company trying to play with the big end of town being tossed around by the markets.
    Invest if it suits your risk and wallet and hope like hell.
    Good luck and good health to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
0.002(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $80.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 6.2¢ 5.9¢ $44.00K 730.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13000 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.1¢ 136986 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.