FIG 0.00% 2.0¢ freedom insurance group ltd

Looking at the announcement that BOQ put out yesterday and also...

1. 245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    Looking at the announcement that BOQ put out yesterday and also the FIG announcement more closely I'd add a couple more points:

8. St Andrews contributed about $8m after tax profits last year, and not knowing any depreciation/amortisation but with 30% tax rate this is around $11.5m pre tax. Adding this to FIG's $16m forecast in FY18 and assuming flat growth going into FY19 EBITDA would be at least $27.5m. Given that this is funded by cash + debt and so no CR dilution, we're now down to ~4x P/E. Surely the likes of SDF and CVW would be taking notice when their P/E are around 18x, if they weren't previously.

9. Much has been discussed on this forum that FIG is very little moat given the general perception of it being predominantly a call centre based salesforce for direct insurance. One would argue that the moat is starting to form in terms of the diversification of the distribution channel (corporate partners, call centres, mortgage brokers, wealth advisers) and through customer relationships. Increased market share generally transpire to greater pricing power.

BTW I think from watching recent trade movements, the accumulator could still be working hard to cap the gains to 10% from yesterday to buy more time and stock up. Let's see if there are any substantials coming out in the near future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.