BMN 8.66% $3.27 bannerman energy ltd

Ann: Acquisition of Strategic Stake in Namibia Critical Metals, page-7

1. 234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    Hey,
    For anyone as ignorant as I am about dysprosium and terbium, I went on a bit of a Google Learning experience to get more insight into what else they're used for in addition to magnets as mentioned in the release, and ascertain whether these 2 minerals are easily available everywhere or are indeed rare, Rare Earths.

Turns out these two are much less abundant than the other rare earths, and Dysprosium is used in the production of nuclear reactor control rods, as well as magnets.

So IMO, good on yer, Brandon, you've made a synergistic acquisition in a stable mining friendly jurisdiction you know well. You've got my upvote!
    What are dysprosium used for?

Image result for what are dysprosium and terbium used for?

Dysprosium iodide is used in halide discharge lamps. The salt enables the lamps to give out a very intense white light. A dysprosium oxide-nickel cermet (a composite material of ceramic and metal) is used in nuclear reactor control rods.

Why is dysprosium used in magnets?
    Dysprosium (Figure 1) is considered a heavy rare earth element (HREE). One of the more important uses for dysprosium is in neodymium-iron- boron (Neo) permanent magnets to improve the magnets' resistance to demagnetization, and by extension, its high temperature performance.

What is terbium mainly used for?
    Image result for what are dysprosium and terbium used for?
    Terbium is used to dope calcium fluoride, calcium tungstate and strontium molybdate, all used in solid-state devices. It is also used in low-energy lightbulbs and mercury lamps. It has been used to improve the safety of medical x-rays by allowing the same quality image to be produced with a much shorter exposure time.

The heavy rare earth elements make up the balance and are significantly less abundant. These comprise europium, gadolinium, terbium, dysprosium, holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium, lutetium and yttrium.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.27
Change
-0.310(8.66%)
Mkt cap ! $499.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.30 $3.40 $3.23 $6.799M 2.065M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 24450 $3.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.28 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.