JAT 0.00% 76.0¢ jatcorp limited

Ann: Acquisition of Sunnya Pty Limited, page-62

1. 143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    I find the push to make and sell goat milk powder interesting. Not only does it broaden the market we are selling to in China as many mothers prefer goat milk to cow milk, but it has some nutritional benefits compared with cows milk. If I understand it right, and I am happy to be countered, goats milk is the closest to breast milk as the fat molecules are about the same size. Therefore it is more readily digestible than cows milk by quite a margin. Goat milk also has more calcium in it. But, in terms of baby weight gain, both milk types are about the same.

China has over 4 million diary goats, so the milk type is quite common. Interestingly, Interestingly, UHT milk seems to be the biggest selling type, possibly due to lack of refrigeration generally. Perhaps that is another product line to consider in future.

So, goats milk broadens the market, is known in China, and has certain benefits to babies. All sounds like an astute business decision to me.

Refs: Goat milk powder and emerging trends, by Frost and Sullivan. The market for diary products in China, by Agri-food Canada.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JAT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
76.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $63.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 73.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
76.5¢ 9899 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.58am 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JAT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.