IMP 0.00% 14.0¢ imperial corporation limited

Ann: Acquisition Update and Drilling Program , page-8

1. 1,082 Posts.
    I suspect the terms of the Macquarie facility will mean they may need to raise further equity to meet various LVR or similar ratios. That is likely why the 4 month bridging loan of $6.5m was required - I suspect that they will either need to raise equity or sell an asset to pay back this bridge in time. If you recall, they also had a $10m bridge when they made the acquisition at the end of 2009 which they paid back via selling their Marcellus acreage in Pennsylvania. Macquarie did extend the facility (at a cost of course) when the sale was delayed.

The company has touted a Nth American listing for a while. Presumably this is because they see this as a better market to raise equity and at a better price, but I will believe it when I see it.

I note I have sold my position in this stock after being a long-suffering shareholder. I was really hoping for upside in their Marcellus gas acreage in NY, but that now seems a long way off given the extended moratorium on hydro-fracking in NY and the depressed natural gas price - at the AGM, the CEO stated that he saw the gas price continuing to be depressed through 2011. The company also seems to be shifting focus now which worried me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.