ACF 0.93% $1.09 acrow limited

I expect the market will be a little confused about Acrow's...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,091 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1571
    I expect the market will be a little confused about Acrow's H1FY24 results, so I thought I would again share my preliminary analysis.

On the one hand, underlying NPAT rose by 33%, which is quite a bit lower than the 79% increase in U/L EPS in FY22 and the 63% increase in U/L EPS in FY23.

Then on the other hand Pre-Tax Profit rose by 69% this half, which is more in keeping with the growth rates in FY22 and FY23.

Why this difference between the increases in U/L NPAT and Pre-Tax Profit? It was entirely due to a sudden change from utilizing tax losses in the previous half (8.85% tax rate) to now paying tax at the normal rate (28% this half). That Acrow could grow U/L NPAT at 33% this half at the same time as this major tax change occurred is nothing short of outstanding. I always try to determine how the underlying business is doing, and this time it is reflected by Pre-Tax Profit, not by U/L NPAT. The underlying business is clearly still growing at the rates achieved in FY22 and FY23 (between 63% and 79%).

I know of no other similar profitable business in Australia that has achieved these kinds of profit growth over three financial years while being on a P/E of well under 10 (using my expected forward normalised profits with share-based payment left out). IMO there is still quite some P/E expansion to come.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.