KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Moosey they didn't have the cash to do everything - hats off to...

1. 7,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 337
    Moosey they didn't have the cash to do everything - hats off to GK for raising the funds he did in the last CR - it has set the company up for the lead 3 drugs - Cantrixil, Anisina & Trilexium covering them for the next 2-3 years depending on how hard they push and resources devoted.

As to the Jacob's Hope or non-oncology side as the picture becomes clearer on the effectiveness of the 3 main candidates (for oncology), so the realisation of the non-oncology potential will also grow as the science becomes clearer & clearer.

I think Ross spelt out the challenge when he said:
    "Notwithstanding, it is clear that we cannot realistically undertake and fully resource all our research and development programs in parallel all the way through to market approval and launch. These are new ground-breaking and first in class technologies and it is critical that we understand which indications, stage of disease and combinations with other oncology agents will deliver the best outcome for patients and value for shareholders."

Imagine the pressure from parents of young children who have contributed money to programs like Kids for cancer as they watch young go down - I'd be pulling Gunnings door down demanding to know why the delays..

To many programs going in to many directions and not enough funds and everyone wanting things straight away - must have been a hell of a time for GK to try and manage all that and may well have given him the drive to succeed on that last CR..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.