ACW 8.45% 7.7¢ actinogen medical limited

Ann: Actingoen Medical participating in the BIO 2019 Convention, page-25

1. 6,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5274
    Hi Stungun & all,

An interesting article on predictive testing for AD:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.sciencealert.com/new-blood-test-could-be-vital-alzheimers-early-warning-system/amp

So according to this, possibly 20-30 years prediction, although as we know people can have amyloid plaque without AD.

Xanahes study 1st cohort results (20mg) are due Q2 (June 2019):

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03830762?term=Actinogen&rank=1

Here is the link for the trial registration above, for people asking, this also may help to answer any questions. These results will then be for review by a drug committee to look at safety & tolerability before moving onto the 30mg cohort. If the link above doesn’t work for you, go to clinicaltrials.gov & type in Actinogen to search tool under “other terms” & Xanahes Trial will come up.

Xanahes is also measuring cognitive improvement in healthy older adults, so the outcome of this should be interesting in relation to the possibility of Xanamem being used as a preventative measure for cognitive decline and also for treatment in early AD at higher doses, plus mental health. There are also 8 additional studies as well as Xanahes being run, so really, there is more going on than the two trials we have been focusing on here.

@Keysole “why would Big Pharma be interested...”

Maybe go back & read the BIO2019 ANN again, because clearly Big Pharma are interested in spite of the 10mg dose in Xanadu trial not having a therapeutic effect. There must be a lot, or the trial would have been stopped for futility, like many others have been.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20190603/pdf/445kb9zzx5y6lk.pdf

This ANN was put out some time after the ANN of the trial failure for Xanadu @ 10mg, so Big Pharmas planning meetings with Actinogen would be fully aware of this & yet meetings going ahead:

”We have a large number of meetings lined up with Big
    Pharma, demonstrating the level of interest in Xanamem as a novel treatment for Alzheimer’s disease and the cognitive impairment associated with a broad range other neurological conditions. These potential partners have been following our progress for some time and we now have a comprehensive suite of safety data and evidence of Xanamem’s pharmacodynamic effects generated in the Xanadu trial, to share.”

I don’t think Dr Bill Ketelby is talking through his anus, or I never would have invested here in the first place in such a high risk clinical area. He is a highly respected neurologist with extensive experience in drug development & clinical trials in the Big Pharma space. Scientists don’t use crystal balls, it’s all evidence based, so Actinogen obviously had something to put on the table at BIO2019.

I bought more shares this last week. Clearly that’s my choice to still have faith in the professionalism & IP of this company, I don’t have time to watch pips. Also a difficult time of year to determine tax loss selling vs “are we in for another trial failure” with selling, you can understand the anxiety.

Yes there will be a lot riding on this next round of ANNs on clinical trials & any outcome from BIO2019. The interesting thing is the technology available now to predictively screen patients, without invasive procedures & the possible impact that will have on clinical trials & the possibility of prevention of cognitive impairment, outside of lifestyle & health preventative measures (ie managing BP/Diabetes).

I can never quite get passed a highly qualified, skilled and intelligent colleague telling me at work (during a particularly stressful time in her personal life) “I don’t know what’s wrong with me, I feel like my head is full of cottonwool”. It’s not surprising & could totally empathise with that & know that feeling, so I do think cortisol plays a massive part in major life stressors, & probably everyday life stressors, that just build on that. Some of us are probably so used to this we probably don’t even notice that our stress levels are way above where the baseline should be. The ASX doesn’t help at times. Have a lovely weekend all. IMO & DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.7¢
Change
0.006(8.45%)
Mkt cap ! $208.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.9¢ 6.7¢ $557.1K 7.564M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 49865 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 130000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ACW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.