WEL 0.00% 0.2¢ winchester energy ltd

That is an interesting outlook for the industry. The decline on...

1. 73 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    That is an interesting outlook for the industry. The decline on fracture stimulated wells seem staggering "The implications for U.S. oil production are vast. Shale wells are gushers for the first three months but after that, output plummets so that by the end of the first year it’s down about 60%. That’s 10 times the decline rate of conventional wells." I don't know a lot about the type of wells that WEL are drilling but I think they are fracked, presumably they have a better production curve than they typical fracked well that is referred to in this article?

I think 2020 will be a turning point for the industry with a "normalisation" of the number of DUCs that will see surplus capacity decrease and reduce the growth rate of US production while the lack of investment into the industry (large independents) from Wall Street has to start to impact supply. It's a complicated supply chain with lots of global factors but my feeling is that there's some upside in oil price for next year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.041M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 6451408 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 3269758 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.