ACW 3.85% 2.5¢ actinogen medical limited

So now my road map has changed and I don't have a really clear...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20385
    So now my road map has changed and I don't have a really clear idea of what the next stops are. Linda Vester

Todays announcement highlights - ACW-ASX

• Analysis of further data from a second, well-validated endpoint for clinical function in depression, called the Patient Global Impression of Severity (PGI-S)2, reveals consistent Xanamem benefits that corroborate MADRS observations

• New MADRS responder analyses underscore MADRS benefit at Week 10 with a 50% higher rate of remission of depression3

• Maximal benefits on depression for all endpoints at Week 10, four weeks after the end of treatment, indicate a durable therapeutic effect resulting from controlling brain cortisol

• Xanamem’s durable therapeutic effect is consistent with the known pharmacology of cortisol to modify gene expression and consequent protein synthesis and thus Xanamem may be controlling underlying “stress” biological processes for an extended period

• The XanaCIDD data indicate that Xanamem’s novel mechanism has clinically significant activity for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and we are exploring the path forward in MDD with regulators, global thought leaders and potential strategic partners.

The results are overwhelming, to say the least. Significant benefits for those suffering from acute depression. The reduction in cortisol on the brain through treatment with Xanamem again proves to produce a durable and long lasting effect, this time for those with major depression disorder. Potential crossover benefits appear to exist for those diagnosed with other neurological disorders such as alzeihmers, schizophrenia and stress related conditions. Conditions now front and centre in the minds of Actinogen executives, as they come to grips with this top line data. The evident reduction in cortisol may have even wide reaching effects, given the close proximity stress related disorders have to major illnesses. Illnesses including but not limited to cancer and cardiovascular disease. But then again that's purely supposition on my part.

Yet alas, the Aussie market appears to have been asleep at the wheel in recent weeks, as it so often is prior to a biotech breakout. Obsessed with share prices, as opposed to what they are actually are investing in, Commsec and NAB retail traders have once more opened the door for US banks to buy up big for their Institutional clients. Institution's who comprehend the need to extract a safe and effective solution for the growing population plagued by depression, stress disorders and AD.

Perhaps the local market may arise post this weeks ACW webinar. But then again if it failed to awaken after Steven Gourlay's interview with Stuart Roberts on stocksdownunder.com last week, maybe local traders are destined to play second fiddle to international funds. Time shall tell I guess. But one things for certain, Big Pharma won't assess these results from afar. I'd be confident the so called strategic partners Gourlay alludes to in this announcement are up to speed with what's taking place here. Maybe it's time for the locals among us to focus less on closing the gap, and more on what's on the map. The road map ahead that is, which is evolving by the minute.

DYOR Opinions only

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.