IVZ 1.25% 8.1¢ invictus energy ltd

Ann: Additional Elevated Gas Shows in Primary Target, page-204

1. 3,706 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    A critical factor with mechanical well bore breakout, which I think is what they're dealing with, is time the formation is open to the well bore after it is drilled. In this situation you aim to drill the hole and then log it as soon as the drill string is out of the hole.

In a situation where hole conditions prevent you logging a hole you don't have a lot of options. In this situation you have the following options IMO:

1) abandon all attempts to log hole and walk away. Just not done and the authorities would have something to say about this.
    2) Run tools on drill pipe (TLC logging). An expensive option and not all logging tools can be run on drill pipe. I've run basic formation test tools on drill pipe but I haven't done sampling with a long tool via TLC. There are a multitude of risk associated with running station tools like the RCI/RCX on drill pipe.
    3) plug back and sidetrack. IMO the most cost effective option and also the option with lowest associated risk and chance of success.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.1¢
Change
0.001(1.25%)
Mkt cap ! $116.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.1¢ 8.1¢ 7.9¢ $50.04K 625.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 239133 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.