AGY 13.6% 9.2¢ argosy minerals limited

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't think that's accurate...

1. 3,896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1531
    I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't think that's accurate mate. Losing ~$450k on one stock obviously can't be described as playing it perfectly, even though things would have been much worse with a later exit. Even after exiting here, I was too impatient and obviously jumped into other plays too quickly. I've always had trouble keeping cash on hand; as soon as I have it, I feel the urge to invest it. Overall, I've done much better than I might have otherwise, but I've definitely made mistakes by being too impulsive because of my bullishness on the lithium sector, regardless of the current cycle.

Anyway, AGY is pretty tempting at these prices, but I'm not sure the worst is over yet (as you've already pointed out). The significant oversupply and corresponding poor lithium sentiment are the main issues right now, and I think they will continue to disproportionately affect AGY for a while yet. If AGY were dropping to these levels based on current news alone, it would be hard to resist. However, with many other higher-quality companies also being undervalued, it complicates things. This situation might work against AGY for the time being, as capital that could have been attracted to the value play here at multi-year lows, might actually be diverted to other significantly undervalued plays (e.g., LTM, LRS, WC8, etc.).

It's a tough time for the whole sector, and hopefully things will improve in the new financial year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.2¢
Change
0.011(13.6%)
Mkt cap ! $133.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 9.6¢ 8.3¢ $761.7K 8.626M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14047 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.