ADH 2.23% $1.83 adairs limited

Interesting times! More consolidation in the furniture retailing...

1. 471 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    Interesting times! More consolidation in the furniture retailing market after Nick Scali's move on Plush a couple of month's ago. Not a surprising move by ADH I guess with furniture being a larger market than Adair's mainstay home furnishings market, and Adairs now having a stake in online furniture with Mocka.

I think ADH may have trumped the NCK deal on valuation grounds. Working on FY2020 numbers (because FY2021 was bloated due to the pandemic effect), Plush EBITDA of $10m is inferior to Focus on Furniture's EBIT of $10.1m in that year with Plush's revenue 7% higher. Hence it would appear that Focus on Furniture is currently more profitable. And ADH will pay net $75m after cash for Focus compared to NCK paying $103m for Plush, so it appears ADH have done well to negotiate this deal.

There's many factors to weigh up no doubt, such as Plush being perhaps a stronger brand name nationally and more established geographically. I also get the feeling Plush was not run as well as what it might have been. Possibly also there may be more synergies available to NCK as they have such a large and long established presence in the furniture industry (suppliers and logistics).

I see ADH makes no forecast about setting its sights on New Zealand with Focus on Furniture, which is a bit surprising since NCK are finding it such a lucrative market to date.

(ps Also own NCK)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.83
Change
0.040(2.23%)
Mkt cap ! $319.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.78 $1.84 $1.75 $806.7K 446.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 6963 $1.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.84 3213 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.